Most people on the Bibles for China team have made several trips to China. One thing we always see is that it appears God loves to see people receive His Word and Satan does not. There are areas of China where the Christians have fallen victim to cults. We strongly recommend you prepare your heart before you travel to China.
The following is a four week study of God’s Word. It is created to help you focus on:
- The inspired and everlasting nature of God’s Word
- The value of God’s Word to every believer
- The danger of falling prey to false teachers without God’s Word
- The knowledge and good judgment for our daily lives that come from God’s Word
It would be easy to read all these scriptures in a few hours but please do not ignore the cumulative effect of reading and meditating each day. We ask that you consider these scriptures from two perspectives:
- How does the scripture verse(s) apply to me in my daily life?
- How would these scriptures impact you if you had never had a Bible of your own like these rural Chinese believers?
We ask you to pray for God’s leading and for those who will receive a Bible from your hands in just a few weeks.
Four weeks prior to leaving for China
Lesson: All scripture is inspired by God and will last forever.
- Sunday – 2 Tim 3:16
- Monday – 2 Peter 1:21
- Tuesday – Psalm 119:89
- Wednesday – Matthew 5:18
- Thursday – Isaiah 40:6-8
- Friday – 1 Peter 1:25
- Saturday – Matthew 24:34-35
Three weeks prior to leaving for China
Lesson: There is hunger for God’s Word in every believer.
- Sunday – Psalm 119:97-100
- Monday – Psalm 119:33-40
- Tuesday – Psalm 119:48
- Wednesday – Psalm 119:50
- Thursday – Psalm 119:72
- Friday – Psalm 119:65-66
- Saturday – Psalm 119:171-172
Two weeks prior to leaving for China
Lesson: God’s Word can protect believers from false teachers.
- Sunday – Galatians 1:8-9
- Monday – 1 Timothy 6:3-5 and verse 11
- Tuesday – Col 2:8
- Wednesday – 2 Timothy 4:1-5
- Thursday – 2 John 1:9-10
- Friday – 1 Timothy 1:3-7
- Saturday – All of chapter 2 from 2 Peter
One week prior to leaving for China
Lesson: The scriptures teach us knowledge, good judgment and how to live.
- Sunday – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Monday – 1 Timothy 3:14-15
- Tuesday – 2 Thessalonians 2:15
- Wednesday – Ephesians 1:17
- Thursday – 1 Timothy 4:15-16
- Friday – Hebrews 6:1-3
- Saturday – 1 Peter 2:1-3